Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Waiting and at peace with it...


I think God is working patience in me, as well as just trusting in Him. As I'm waiting for little Eli (now three days past his due date) I keep being reminded that God has perfect timing. I think sometimes I can get so caught up in what I want and how I think things should go, that I forget to just slow down be quiet and ask God the one who created the universe, me and little Eli, what His plans are, and even if I don't get an answer right then and there, just being at peace and trusting Him that He has it all under control. This scripture totally sums it up.
"My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts," says the Lord.
"And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine." (Isaiah 55:8 NLT)

Today has been good.It was rainy this morning and perfect for a little trip to Starbucks for a delish mocha Decaf Latte (yes it was decaf, although a cup or two of java a day is perfectly fine for a prego woman if she wants it! Im just saying...) The lady in Starbuck was so sweet complementing me on how 'little and cute' I was (I certainly don't feel 'Little' being ten months pregnant! lol) My hubby pulled out his card to pay for my drink and she waved it away saying "Don't worry about it, I like you guys! the drink is on me." Wow! we were so blessed!
My hubby is off work today to take me to my 'Past My Due Date' appointment with my midwife :) We are staying full of excitement and anticipation of what today's appointment will bring.

Little side note of the day: have you ever been so ready for something that it feels surreal? like you are walking around kinda numb just waiting for it to happen...All wound up but at the same time so full of Peace. Ironic how these two feeling can go together...

No comments: