Thursday, February 25, 2010

Survivor and Lemon...





The names of my two fish...

Lemon who we have had for a year now is named lemon simply because he is yellow. :) and our other fish is named survivor because he truly is a survivor! here is his story if you are interested :)
I have had survivor for about 4 years now and as many times as I have given him away he seems to always end up with me again lol--I first took him home when he had been attacked by another Betta fish and torn to shreds, he lost all his color and fins but they have thankfully grown back beautifully. after he recovered I gave him to be a class pet for the school my husband worked at,one of the kids changed the water but replaced the filtered water with chlorine water and 'survivor' went belly up! my husband rescued him in a plastic bottle of filtered water and he came back to life! this fish wont die--I think his near death experiences have caused him to be aggressive and a bully to lemon (even though he probably doesn't even have the brain capacity to remember those experiences-- but I like to think maybe he does lol)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Chelsea, you are so silly!! (It's okay to be silly!) I had no idea what the history of your fish, survivor, was - yes, he is truly an amazing little creature.