Thursday, September 16, 2010

Ghana West Africa


October 28th 2005 my 19th birthday
I could feel the hot African breeze brush my cheek as I stood in the shade of a massive oak tree,it was mid morning and my feet were already covered in the red dirt from traveling to this school.a group of thirty young Ghanaian kids made a half circle in front of me,their faces were giddy with excitement about the decision they had made for Jesus. We joined hands and I lead them in a prayer to ask Jesus into their hearts. It was one of the most defining moments in my life and the best birthday gift I have ever received.

I traveled to Ghana West Africa for the first time when I was 14 years old on a missions trip for two weeks with my church, and again when I was 19 to live and work there telling people about Jesus for two months.I had the privilege of working with a ministry called 'Scripture Union' they reach out to teens and young adults in the schools. I also worked with a church called 'House Of Faith' and lived with the pastor of the church and his wife for two months. I have so many good memories of Ghana, it was a challenging time as well as a growing and rewarding time for me. Someday I would love to return and this time with my husband and son.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, yes! I'd love to make that trip with you, too!

cheap electronics said...

happy new year!!!!

Single Saint said...

I just happened on your blog by accident. I was amazed that you're spirit filled just as I am, but when I saw Shawn McDonald's Gravity on your playlist, I was won over. God Bless you and your family.